LF: JA7NI

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: JA7NI
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:06:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
LF
If I can hear JA7NI this evening I will try a QSO but I do not intend to CHEAT by using a grabber from some other country.
I had a QSO with a PA0 stn a few nights ago who said he worked me via a GRABBER becauser he had a poor RX system
at least he was honest.
I have worked JA7NI and hundreds of other JA stations over the years on MF/160 metres. I do not see a problem to do the same on 500 Khz and 137 Khz.  I have had good results on 137 recently from UA0AET and other UA0 stns and JA is just along the road.
Law of average any UK/EU station that uses virtual perpetual 24/7  BEACONS will be heard/seen sooner or later.
Persistence is rewarding and GL to the Infernal Beacon machine operators but often the RX at such stations is lacking.
The discerning skilled  operator who knows when to strike is rare on LF es MF circles but common place on HF.
G3KEV