Re: LF: VLF this morning in TN

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF this morning in TN
From: "Douglas D. Williams" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:18:14 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you Wolf. Those are nice captures for comparison. I see you have no trouble receiving NAA, but the other two continental U.S. stations are much weaker.

The alpha stations are difficult for me to copy with the sound card, but I can often hear them at night using my R75 and upconverter with the 250Hz CW filter.

The OMEGA system, when it was still active, put out some very strong signals here. All one really needed to hear those was an audio amp, short whip antenna, and headphones.....and sufficiently sensitive hearing.

I find that when I listen to some of the live streaming "natural radio" receivers in Europe, I can hear the Alphas in my right ear, but not my left ear. Guess my high frequency hearing is starting to go.

Doug - KB4OER