Re: LF: TA condx last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA condx last night
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:32:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Doug,

No, i wasn't really on air last night. Another PA problem.
There are a few possible reasons why the PA blows up. I am more and more convinced that it comes from the drive stage. Late in the night i got the idea that this poly switch fuse may become to warm. Since the interruption can be a rather slow dynamic process (compared to a standard fuse) the FETs may be driven not suitable. Another reason may be the ferrite core that could become warm in operation. I have to carefully monitor all these parameters during transmitting which is not so easy in the mechanical arrangement.
Anyway i will be on air again tonite. Maybe it holds up for a full call ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: You can watch other grabbers to get the proof that i am actually transmitting, e.g. the TF3HZ grabber which is half the way to the US.