LF: QRP loading coils

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QRP loading coils
From: Terry GW0EZY <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:05:10 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Mal (and others)

Apparently I missed this local bargain on eBay when the owner decided to QRT his “QRP” vlf station a year or two before we moved up here to Wales. The transmitters and 800 ft self-supporting masts were also scrapped. I would have bought the complete station it was probably cheaper than my present QTH!

What a waste of our national (radio) heritage. Not sure whether my front-end would have survived if the station was still operational though.

On a more serious note - I am looking for sources of a small amount “self-fluxing” wire about 30 swg in different colours for small toroid winding. Years ago Vero produced something similar for their Vero-wire prototyping system and it was very good but no longer available. I have seen something similar but minimum quantities 100 GBP a reel.

73 Terry GW0EZY

Picture from: http://www.oswestry-history.co.uk/criggion-radio-station.html

Some more pictures here: http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/c/criggion_radio/index3.shtml