LF: TIME

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: TIME
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:34:55 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
LF
If possible pse stick to UTC time for reports otherwise it is difficult to know the optimum time to TX to DX locations.
I do not use the BROADCAST or BEACON non stop mode. In my case I am always in TX/RX mode awaiting a response for a QSO.
I do not send CQ to save time. This has worked in the past but at present listeners seem to report only via emails.
I do not sit up all night every night and only TX/RX at selected times, normal HF procedure.
In Broadcast/Beacon mode there is more chance of being seen/heard and getting mentioned in dispatches but I will stick to QSO mode at times that suit me.
If you hear me pse call on any freq of your choice but let me know where to listen LF/MF/HF
Looking back over the years condx at present are about NORMAL and EU sigs should at this time of year be audible in NA at least to W9 area. I do not think anyone was listening beyone W9 some years back.
Those that make it from EU to the most distant parts would need to be running at least 1Watt ERP

G3KEV