Re: LF: Wellbrook Loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Wellbrook Loop
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:33:49 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Friday 16 December 2011 12:55, Roelof Bakker wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> I have been asking the same question for years, but so far nothing has
> been revealed.
> I was given two defunct units and on one I have started to remove the
> potting compound with a lino cutter.
> This is very time consuming and other projects got priority.
> There is a kind of transformer inside, but I will have to dig a little
> further.

I think that the potting compound is some epoxy, as plastic DIL IC case.

So put the defunct unit into a pot filled with N,N-DIMETHYLFORMAMIDE, a
flammable and very harmful chemical, see the Safety Card (e.g. ICSC: 0457 at
www.ilo.org) before using, or better ask a chemist.

After many days of submersion, it's easy to remove plasic IC case and expose
the dice.

73
Claudio, ik2pii

--
Claudio Pozzi  -  Happy Linux User  -  http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Conto Arancio al 4,20%. Soldi sempre disponibili, zero spese, aprilo in due
minuti!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11923&d=17-12