Re: LF: dk7fc into oklahoma

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: dk7fc into oklahoma
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:56:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you Laurence, that is very nice and i'm most pleasd once again :-)
Pse can we have a screenshot of what you received? And what is the exact locator?

Actually i haven't expected good propagation. In EU the signals were down by at least 10 dB, well visible at TF3HZ (on his plot). The QRN levels have been much higher in EU than the days before. There were some 100 lightnings coming down near Italy and Africa. Probably this caused the noiseblankers to be active rather often which reduces the wanted signal too and so decreases the S/N even more. But the situation seemed to be completely different in the US.
Normally you have the lightning storms and local QRN ;-) Nice nice!

Did you use the E probe on the mast or a different antenna? What was the time when the signal was at its best S/N?

Seems to be worth to TX all the time ;-)

Vy 73, Stefan/DK7FC