Re: LF: Re: RE: Antenna ideas for Stefan

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Antenna ideas for Stefan
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:44:59 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=tbX7BnVZjshm2DG2wgSz6afgR5W4opfEBp0KAlmcZzE=; b=qScnJSY6hu2YrmYbpnIJk6uEYVtFzJadDzZwrvrGYFsBM9TE8g6GxNlDrkD2XS/btj j+OBfcr8JyaVyIgXxaUmgQ3iBMbQ4plh8ZWj2I29NdlCcMJfQWIITQ/NziQS9dwfgJfs LgjrhJjGh4UDEm49YckaIdIJ8CK6jUiE9RrtM=
Sender: [email protected]
Don't joke.
I once read a report about how (sometime in the 1960's it probably
was)  an entire spare UK power station was run up to around 55Hz and
run into a grid line grounded at the far end to generate a test signal
at ULF for DX submarine comms.    Use of the railway system (third
rail) was also being contemplated.

This was not an April report, but a genuine test.  Haven't a clue what
the findings were, and the UK never did develop a ULF capability,  but
they must have been exciting days to be in MoD / Government research.
Unlike latter years :-(

'jnt