LF: 18th

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 18th
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 05:53:34 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Overall a disappointing listening period last night. Absolute levels were down from last weekend with deeper and longer QSB periods as indicated in Alans G3NYKs propagation report/forecast. Just a few characters of DK7FC received from 0100-0400Z. Both HGA22 and DCF39 were audible but not strong. QRN was coming from the deep dusty desert SW and Atlantic and though not strong S5 peaks or so it was annoying.

Up in Alaska the same with very deep period QSB but good colorful peaks on SLabs. Just a few characters again from Stefan but no pre Eu dawn lift.

On 500 -  XSH/6, 7, 31 and XGR/6 good signals.  My actual target of choice was the part 15 WOLF 10 beacon from John W1TAG on 185.8 - and although no decodes we did get a few indentifiable "locks" before it got too cold and late for me. Had a pack of Cayotes' around the car  for company sometime drowning out the telegrams with more soulful sounds. The Bison were partying elsewhere it seems.

Laurence KL7 UK Mobile EM16 Tallgrass Prairie reserve Pawhuska Oklahoma