VLF: progress at VK1SV

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: progress at VK1SV
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:16:11 +1100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

Dimitris, what about your recent VLF experiments? Any progress?

 I have built a simple xtal based oscillator for 8.7 kHz which is coupled to a small audio amp (~10W). I am planning to use that to do some tests with the earth dipole to get some real data. If that works, I will probably build a simple RF generator capable of more power.

With the success I am having currently with the earth dipole at 136 kHz (250 m earth dipole, 2 W RF, QRSS30, solid copy received by VK2XV at 217 km), I will focus on the earth dipole first before I start thinking of anything else. I will let the group know if there are any developments in that front.

In the meantime, here is some food for thought:

http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~dxt103/136/earth/4/

73, Dimitris VK1SV