Re: LF: Arcing...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Arcing...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 00:33:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Wolf,

In fact it is for our ozone monitor ;-) I haven't seen peaks due to my transmissions though. And the monitor in on a research trip on a ship somewhere in the world since a week. However i have seen my transmission in the graph of global radiation, see http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/IPGRad.jpg This must be due to an EMC problem of course ;-) But today i spent a lot of time to stop the EMC problem by adding some Ls and Cs on the right place. These are now LP filtering the 137 kHz component in the mains supply and a larger L (15 turns on a 50VA mains transformer core) to reduce the current peaks coming from rectifying the mains directly and feeding this to 2x820 uF. Seems to work very well since my both QRSS-120 transmissions of this evening are completely invisible now!

73, Stefan