Re: LF: XNS, XGJ, XES, XKO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: XNS, XGJ, XES, XKO
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 06:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Please keep in mind that when viewing QRSS modulated signal on the narrowband display, we are only seeing the average voltage of the carrier component, depending on the keying duty cycle (eg. -6 dB for 50% weight). In terms of power, 50% is saved, 25% goes to the carrier, and 25% to the keying sidebande. For the somewhat "lighter" callsigns (XNS and XES DFCW dots), the difference is more like 8 to 10 dB, confirmed by their solid traces during earlier straight-carrier transmissions.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)