LF: Over the Pole

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Over the Pole
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:42:10 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Nothing from Eu last night and we are still aware for the perfect, and got to say rare, combination of events that allows a path that crosses two Auroral Ovals. As an indicator, over the past 10 winters or so Ive seen signals only a handful of times.

I did see Japan NI and MP on the VE7TIL snapper, and NI was visible but weaker in Alaska on mine too. My beam is heading NNE so he was on the side -

I took a brief look at 505 region and good to see NDB FA on 510 with tone sidebands around 509 coming thru from Fairbanks AK. It appears that I only see this NDB when overall conditions are fair to good. If I get any large Auroral activity it dissapears even over a short high angle 300 mile baseline.

Nothing from Eu down here in Oklahoma but Im fighting S9 QRM from neighbors "Bugs B Gone" and similar painful devices.....

Laurence KL7UK WE2XPQ Wasilla Alaska
              KL7UK/5 Bartlesville Oklahome.