Re: LF: T/A DK7FC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: T/A DK7FC
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:17:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jay,

Thank you for the captures and interesting report. Yes, i saw the beginning of my transmission on your grabber. You normally can see when i started to TX in the wideband window at http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_LF_DX_Grabber.html that covers the last 13 hours. I also saw the signal quite well at VE2IQ / http://www.nrtco.net/~ve2iq/grabs/index.htm but the first round was negative at W4DEX.

The path of CT1DRP and you must have been almost exclusively over sea water. Not sure if there is an additional attenuation from JN49IK...
I'm still running the old system but the new litz wire is already here and i'm working with highly corrosive materials and cute chemist girls to remove the enamel ;-) But it works well: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/Decca%20RF%20litz%20wire%2C%20soldered.JPG (sorry, just the wire).

So, looking forward to further improvements, system and propagation wise.

73 and thanks for the good RX system!

Stefan/DK7FC