LF: Re: ferrite antenna

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: ferrite antenna
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:06:15 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
correction
1500 nF should read 1.5 nF
de mal/g3kev

----- Original Message -----
To: rsgb
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 4:13 PM
Subject: LF: ferrite antenna

LF
I made an effort today to resonate my ferrite antenna
906 uH /1500 nF approx for 137 Khz, no preamp so far, no suitable Fets available. I am getting reasonable reception with the antenna indoors and with a 20 dB gain amp I am sure it would be excellent.
The package contains 9 ferrite rods displaced around a bakelite rod, total diamater 45mm and length 100mm. The rod bundle is ex commercial atu and material unknown. Wire is 1mm enamel cu. Rx is Siemens level meter D2155.
I have no link winding, connection to RX is direct to the main coil winding.
If and when I get time I will wind an air core of similar inductance and compare the sensitivity against the ferrite core coil.
73 de mal/g3kev