RE: LF: 776.5 Alaska

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 776.5 Alaska
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:21:23 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Steve - yep I saw Dimitris note but saw he had qrt'd before then, but you never know. The signal was ok at dot 10 so Im thinking it was another JA, but could have been someone off the side of the array but its pretty well nulls out VE7 on this heading.- knowing how strong ZL6QH was in the past you really never know over the Pacific W/SW path

It actually looks like an end of a QSO with " either PSE VA, or WSE VA"  seen at the end  :-) but as ever I only got the end of the message as I was rebuilding the software and security around Citrix - it gets hammered of course being on line +24. Looks like I need to have a dot 10/20 and screens as dot 60 was blurring.

Kuni JA7NI was a huge signal pre  AK dawn and just wish I could safely put a signal back as Im sure we could have completed at dot 10 -well, at least for a while. As Mal says conditions are pretty good but Im only just seeing DCF39 very very weakly up in AK - just too light and "hot" over the Pole

Im getting surrounded by new houses on the estate so its getting more and more noisy, especially at VLF but the 2T K9AY is still doing good at LF/MF and hasnt suffered from animal attack. Time to move to a more remote location :0-)

Im just watching an annoying squirrel gnawing away at my 77 material/RG6 common mode choke about 20ft below the probe up this Pecan tree. Local ordinances dont allow me what I would like to do, and anyway Id probably be deported :-)

Laurence KL7UK remote 5