RE: LF: VVV TE 20dB over noise on 137

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: VVV TE 20dB over noise on 137
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:04:16 +0200
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

your signal was remarkable, taking into account that the antenna (lazy-L 11m
high, 25m long) is tuned to 500kHz. Properly tuned to 137kHz it would be at
least 20dB stronger (579), but as even on the 500kHz antenna QRM/QRN is way
above the RX noise it wouldn't affect the SNR (what was abt 10dB).
Meanwhile I have unplugged the antenna as thunderstroms are predicted this
night.
Leaving the antenna plugged with thunderstorm can be as effective as a
screwdriver ;-).

73, Rik