LF: LF MF Mobile (and more)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF MF Mobile (and more)
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:27:36 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

I was asked how I set up the rx system in the hire car (Im pushbike/legs mobile otherwise :-) so I put together a very short
technically undetailed video from photos I took yesterday whilst driving up to Wooloroc. OK -( try Googling it - nice place!)

Temp power is just from the Cigar lighter in most cases (I know)- inverter for PC @ 110VAC, Walmart Schumaker 450W isnt very noisy and I
can leave it on whilst driving.

This Jeep is OK on LF and MF but dashboard CPU noisy evident from 3MHz and Up -- every car appears to have different EMC issues.
..I would normally use a wider/shorter strap to bond the coax to the chassis. The rx system described here is good enough to receive
 Transatlantic LF 137/500 signals on a good day from the UK, if you get a quiet spot away from power lines etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIdkiE-PQo

Laurence KL7UK / Mobile 5