Re: LF: TACAMO activity today!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: TACAMO activity today!
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:06:35 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Scott, thanks for the interesting hint! The signal looks similar to what we have seen here around 17.8 kHz a few times. I'm always amazed by the relative bandwidth of their transmissions, which would probably not be doable with a ground based antenna.

I really like the nighttime spherics with the variable mode structure, and the clearly lined out tweek cutoffs at 1.7 and 3.5 khz. With just a little fantasy, one can see an artist's picture of the the storm clouds above!

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:37 AM
Subject: LF: TACOMA activity today!

Near constant traffic by the TACOMA system on their VLF channel on 22.7KHz.

Never seen anything like this yet.  Usually one or two is the most you
ever see in a day not 9!

See my VLF grabber before they slide away....

73 Scott
VE7TIL CN89dk
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/