LF: Eu - 0ver the pole

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Eu - 0ver the pole
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:29:56 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Morning/Afternoon - I had a look thru the Alaska snaps overnight and couldnt see anything manifestly obvious save JA7NI. Hes been opening around 0800Z of this path with the array pointing West, but I note this was a little later today and hes been up to CW strengths at times.

 With the 2 x 2 Turn K9AY's set for Omni I do lose out more than a few dBs on overall s/n and tonight Ill shove the beam just to the North, over the North Pole direction. Honestly, I dont think there is a path to Central Eu at this time; Western Northern Ireland/Eire yes at their dawn for a few mins but that's all with mutual even "duskieness".

Things rapidly improve into late Sept and onwards, but again the best results to Eu have actually been for me over the max darkness of Northern European Winter on this path. Im am seeing stronger signals from DHO38 now on VLF , coming out of the summer lows. VK/ZL should also be reasonable at the moment over the Pacific path too for Alaska.

Praying that our friends in the NE US have survived the onslaught of Irene, and we can escape the heat, and our friends in Texas and W Okie get some rain.

Laurence KL7UK remote 5
http://kl7uk.com