Re: LF: Remote Receiving Antenna: UHF-Link

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Remote Receiving Antenna: UHF-Link
From: DK1IS <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:48:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Am 16.08.2011 22:17, schrieb g4gvw:
Hi Tom,

While it may not be practical at your location, an "optical link" does
not HAVE to rely only on optical "cable" link but might also comprise a
projected light beam in free space. A distance of 100Metres need not be
prohibitive. Just a thought!

73
Hello Pat,

that's interesting! I've already had similar thoughts, especially since there is a house which can be seen as well from my garage as from my balcony and it's standing in the right angel for (at least diffuse) reflection. 4 MHz bandwidth should give no problems for LEDs and photodiodes but what about the 100 dB dynamic range? Could it work even in AM? That would be the simplest solution.

What do others think about this?

Tu es 73,
Tom, DK1IS