Re: LF: Ferrite RX antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ferrite RX antennas
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:35:45 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

I made a ferrite antenna using several rods to make something an inch in Dia and perhaps 8 inches long
was able to get it to tune to 100 K or so with a large var cap and switching in fixed cap
using a LW radio it works well and does a good job at 500 Khz
managed to get 10, 6 Inch ferrites at a hamfest fer a buck a peace,, still kick M self for not buying all he had
never did a DX spot with it but it works well

Bob K3DJC