Re: LF: Ant Comparison

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ant Comparison
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:12:03 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

On 28 Aug 2011, at 10:21CEST, mal hamilton wrote:

LF
Last nite I observed DK7FC es G3XDV on 136.172 Khz. Using my 80 m vert loop, end fire E/W DK7FC was Audible es Visible
but G3XDV was barely visible, broadside to my loop. I switched to the Vertical inv L array and then G3XDV became the strongest signal Audible es Visible and DK7FC still a good signal, so nothing new

but it shows how selective antennas can  be.

That's why I use a loop for LF reception.  It keeps France Inter (next department) down to a reasonable level.

John F5VLF