Re: VLF: DF6NM kite attempt

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DF6NM kite attempt
From: qrss <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 16:21:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Whoa! Markus

Stefan is right you appear on in my DFCW 6000 window. There seems to be a jinx between us Markus, I have only just read the posts and was working on my e-probe, at the time of your transmission it was around 1m off the ground with the support pole dropped down. My work was disturbed by visitors and only now is the antenna back in position.

As my Grabber shows there were problems this morning, very low gain and a strange hump below 6.5kHz  which were not present last night. I found the problem was caused by a considerable amount of water in the e-probe enclosure, the temperatures must have fallen sufficiently last night for it to condensate out (there was no rain). The original installation was temporary back in March and sealing was with electrical tape, the fixing to the mast with Gaffa tape, shame on me, but it held up well and it didn't stop raining. I have now corrected the situation.

Given my RX circumstances your signal must have been very good.

73 Eddie G3ZJO