Re: LF: Anyone has experience with SG1005 DDS signal generator?

To: blacksheep <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Anyone has experience with SG1005 DDS signal generator?
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:26:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Op 26-7-2011 20:45, Stewart Bryant schreef:
On 26/07/2011 09:48, pa3abk wrote:
Via internet I bought a SG1005 DDS signalgenerator.
It produces a sinus/tri-angle/block from 0,01Hz to 5MHz in 0,01Hz steps.
It can perfectly drive the GW3UEP 100W 600m PA, for which I intend to
use it.

It's a very cheap device (around €35,00 free shipping fm CN) however it
comes with no diagram or info.
(Everything has it's price!)

On the PCB there is a connection for some sort "communication" with a PC
or whatever, but have no info how to adress/connect it.
The two main chips are STM8S103 and the Altera MAX II EPM240T100C5N.

I Googled very deeply but didn't get that info I required.
Maintarget is to generate WSPR with it.

Does anyone in the group SG1005 device and succeeded to generate the 4
WSPR freqs from it?

Jan/pa3abk

Jan

Have you tried asking at [email protected]

Stewart/G3YSX

Thanks Stewart for you suggestion.
I see what you mean, that's the "real one".

The one I have got, has far less specs.
To give you an idea : http://iteadstudio.com/evaluation/hack-the-sg100x-dds-signal-generator/ BTW it comes with a displaycounter on top ( 60MHZ) which is removed on these pics. For some reason China produced a mass of these, have no clue in what kind of equipment it's used. The specs are to low for measurement equipment. Some sellers state, they stock over 10.000 pcs. A t the moment it's a nice "x-tal oscillator replacement kit". The startup frequency can be programmed.
Jan/pa3abk

--
pa3abk<->  dordrecht jo21it