VLF: TX QTH JN49IS36VH sk :-(

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: TX QTH JN49IS36VH sk :-(
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:43:30 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
VLF,

Recently i've done a tour with the motorbike in the fields near my VLF TX QTH JN49IS36VH and suddenly saw that there is a big building lot and a deep hole into the earth, just 10m distant where the loading coil was located in the last 11 experiments. They will install a wind power plant there :-/ In the newspaper they told about a 2 MW type. So this QTH seems to be history :-( I have to seach for a new location close to the old since my special permission is fixed to that hill. After driving around on the hill i found a new suitable QTH.

The new QTH could be JN49IS44UH about 1 km distant. As you can see on the map, there are 2 wind power plants (600 kW, out of the early 90's) very close to the location. Most usually the wind comes from SW and i only do experiments if the wind comes from there. So the kite will not come to close to the rotor ;-).
Most probably the wind power plant has a superior eath system and i could connect my VLF TX system to that! So i could get a higher ERP by that, probably. I do not expect to high losses due to the presence of the metallic tower since it is directly grounded and if my system will be grounded to that, it will just add some C and some low additional coil losses that will be overcompensated by the lower earth losses i assume.
My 300m kite vertical has a measured C of about 1650 pF, i.e. i need about 190 mH for resonating at 8970 Hz. The towers are just 60m high i think, so rather a small stick compared to the antenna, just 20 % ;-) and it is not resonant on that frequency...

Hope it will be successful on that QTH and no unexpected problems will occur.

I plan the next experiment in August or September. Hope YOU will take part :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC