LF: LF/MF ACTY

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF/MF ACTY
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 17:18:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I will be QRV this weekend on 137.7 Khz CW mode for acty around EU and QRS3 for DX stations.
Past experience shows that CW is satisfactory for distances around 1000 K/metres daytime and greater distances at night time on LF but is some instances QRS3 has an advantage for DX working, but not for local QSO'S because of the slow speed.
On MF CW is generally ok for working around EU daytime and DX night time but again QRS3 is useful for the long haul DX.
The above observations are based on stations working with medium to high power trying to cover as much ground as possible.
This is the  category that appeals to me,  working CW for a quick exchange of information.
Most signals I observe on both LF es MF are audible therefore suitable for CW and QRS is not necessary.

73 de Mal/G3KEV