LF: Re: Off topic: Packet radio

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Off topic: Packet radio
From: "Hugh_m0wye" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:16:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I am probably not very knowledgeable ...
But down here in Kent, there is hardly any "Packet Racket" on any of the VHF bands, and the BBS and node infrastructure has been dismantled - I bought a 4m radio from one of the local packet nodes.
There was a brief renaissance with GPS - and people plotting their current location on maps.
When I was given a demonstration of D-Star, it included a text messaging service.
D-Star is quite popular around here, with a repeater at Folkestone.
73
Hugh M0WYE