Re: LF: ZEVS this morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS this morning
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:33:26 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Chris and Henny,

Congrats to that reception, looks very nice and clear!

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Am 12.06.2011 13:29, schrieb Chris Dillon:
Hi Eddie and ELF - the ZEVS transmission and precursor burst came in well today (see attached) about 10/12dB above the noise - but conditions have been very noisy over the past few weeks. Some days I've not been able to see the message and only just about picked up the long 82 Hz carrier. Occasionally the precursor and/or 0800/1700 utc transmission has been missed altogether - although the other day the transmission started on time, stopped halfway through and then restarted from the beginning about 20 mins later. Wrong sort of snow on the transmission lines?

It's interesting how the conditions change as the summer noise comes up. My reception of Chris G3XIZ's transmission - despite his antenna improvements - has changed significantly since March - probably 5/7dB down currently - and we're only 19km apart.

73 Chris G3WCD