Re: LF: ZEVS.jpg

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS.jpg
From: qrss <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 23:27:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence, Daniele and other Low watchers

I can confirm the reliable daily transmissions from ZEVS are at 0800 UTC and 1700 UTC. Others have been seen and occasionally the breakfast and tea time transmissions have been missing.

I recently have had high noise levels causing problems with seeing ZEVS on my Grabber  http://g3zjo.bplaced.net I will take a look at the filtering again to see if I can improve it, although it may be summer noise levels. It is a bit bizarre looking at signals which are deliberately well down the skirts of the high pass filter in the  E probe I admit.

I had a few of days at a remote site last weekend and found it interesting.
Firstly the carriers on 16Hz, 32Hz and 64Hz and some others which are obviously not mains related, and I suspect Daniele's 11.7Hz nasal cilia resonant frequency do seem to be from local sources, they were non existent at the remote site.

Secondly I looked at the stripes of enhanced noise which cause problems when trying to identify Schumann Resonances on our urban set ups and did some further tests back at the home QTH. They seem to be caused by ringing in the 600 Ohm transformers we need to isolate the Desktop computers we tend to use. I tried cheap transformers and Mil Spec and they are the same.
At the remote site it was such a pleasure not to have to peer through these to see look for resonances and have them ruin captures.

73 Eddie G3ZJO