Fw: Re: LF: Re: Experimental QRSS-1 grabber at DK7FC

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: Fw: Re: LF: Re: Experimental QRSS-1 grabber at DK7FC
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:32:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: Re: LF: Re: Experimental QRSS-1 grabber at DK7FC

Stefan
There is no substitute for a few watts CW mode from a valve TX/RX  and a piece of wire if we want reliable communications, no third party involved like ISP and no EMP problems to ZAP the fragile Chips inside an appliance operator box.
Pedal power, wind generator or small electric generator and some Wet batteries provides the DC.
Keep it simple. This is what NFD is all about. I once saw a small home made steam driven generator on a NFD site, a bucket of coal and some water for the steam engine and an old automobile 12v dynamo.

g3kev