Re: LF: Re: OE3GHB Grabbers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: OE3GHB Grabbers
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 19:14:37 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Wolf!

The "3Cm" also was known as "Poströhre" and was commonly used in wire
based transmission equipment such as amplifiers. When I entered this
branch in the beginning of the 80's, there was still a lot of analogue
"tube"-equipment in use, beside fibre links for PDH-Systems.

The tube-area for telecommunication over wire in Austria ended in the
late 90's when the last "Z12"-Systems (BW52 = 1952) were taken out of
Service. So the design survived more than 40 years.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard