Re: LF: Re: VLF TX tests this weekend - please tell us now!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: VLF TX tests this weekend - please tell us now!
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 20:12:23 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1301685144; bh=x9XsJaUzdQs+s3RBekbEzv/X/5GRkgEIJDMyb5Fwnk0=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=4eDNzcE9gGLFKjaZ7Am4oCb2Es6q+3bAZ2WZOd0mKKGXIxjxFpja7P5BnuNuar5npyTe97sCBfqP3Wy3tRg5vSRle9w2/JG9f5+ntavT/P/SzjHxDDopV9ABWuV3tU1waCmuJRE0OVCDMH1ip/oxHKkb4RROUCbTClFLJnKtUJs=
Sender: [email protected]
 Hi Mal

I agree to some extent with you Mal......... However my experience is that with all the RSGB "Laws" saying what you can and can't do on these frequencies is it any wonder there is no activity. It strikes me most people would prefer the bands to be silent than have a QSO on a sacred frequency. Having been shooed off 500kc/s for running a QRP beacon with listen through within a few c/s of the LF edge whilst stations at the HF end can run tens of watts on un-QSOable WSPR mode without comment.  You have shooed me off 137.770 (via email) when attempting a QRP QSO in QRSS with G4AYT.
VHF also has it's RSGB policemen who shoo people off 70.45mHz (and other frequencies) when we have a freewheeling QSO there i.e. long gaps between overs. The fact that the Shooers are never heard on the band for a QSO seems that a nice quiet unused band is preferred. In this area we used to have quite big nets on 4m, Sunday lunch times, but the policemen won and now the band is left to the unattended computer talk-through repeaters that are starting to take over on that band. Few direct QSOs now.
Also the fact that one can put up a signal on 136kc/s (the first for about 3 years) and have a critical report on its quality via email but not a QSO is another testimony to the fact most people with connections to the RSGB would like the bands quiet soley for a chosen few.

I won't appeal to people to be tolerant just to say personally I will use the bands how I like and if someone wants to put up a pre-advertised signal for experimental reasons, then why not?
 .
73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX