LF: Re: Re: Alpha Stations

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Alpha Stations
From: "Ken" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:32:42 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1299612765; bh=bka+EpA8DMkG5QLjKuLTDtVlYiA/2oknPcUj8Y3q5+4=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=zIXSP3ORYMOma50XkDKBKKmE4Tf/1iIR7+6y+qsLNdUXRGcGd0HeHvZHUpnfZKE5GxeM/aYbufrKB3OnCE+EipCBBpjzy/pLyplQFZbi+1+XYRlwlOVA6pUoDMBqMT66u/c4Pf7LQd17tYBaNZ+AT1epqOWHtxuIgsVuZ7hXdZI=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=SXdQiAUMTLqVWhhMOm3Nt8Gzu+P98Cx6lsQxB4nyJxxm4XSpo2QzKJNKCJ2hKId9LEBN97xEE4ZrdSWWi+7FMyeVGsszIywzPsph7ZA9yEYWRad/fraQda36tKfAFltHhpvArzqAlx+zFkd8LpBuIdOS5Tuqofq+kKUKUTBBqJI= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dennis.
Thanks for the reply, the small peak at about 12.6 on your screen shot is that typial?. I was not sure what I should be looking for on Winrad, or even if Stefan's preamp was working when I saw a similar peak at 9.941, 13.30 UTC. The preamp was at about 3m high, I have modified the circuit for power feeding, by winding a 130mH choke on a FT50-77 ferrite, this has been holding up the project as I made four of them, two for the PA0RDT miniwhip which is next. The preamp is at the end of the garden about 2m from the 8m main 2inch aly mast, unfortunately the new 6th Form college is 60m from the mast.How would you suggest I evaluate the preamp performance, I tried sliding a four turn by 60mm loop over the 350mm whip and feeding it fron the station osc but that did not seem to do anything. Your thoughts please.

73

Ken

M0KHW