Re: LF: Earth capacitance

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Earth capacitance
From: "Johan H. Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:10:53 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Interesting thoughts...

I had a vague, and probably wrong, memory that the electron density of the
ionosphere had a maximum around 300km so I placed the outer sphere at that
altitude and calculated "only" 15.8mF. Still, the energy stored is quite
impressive. W = V^2*C/2 and V = 250kV => 494 MJ = 137 kWh, enough to heat my
house for a couple of days... Now, where do I put my crocodile clip to
"download" this energy? ;-)

73
Johan SM6LKM

----