LF: DK7FC LF Grabber...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DK7FC LF Grabber...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 00:29:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

LF,

It seems i have destroyed the first stage of my LF RX converter, used in my LF Grabber. I remember the discussion about the need for protecting the first stage (by 2 antiparallel diodes) of an active E field probe antenna. There were some statements that the first stage will not be destroyed but here is an example that this can actually happen. The converter still works but has lost efficiency by about 20 dB and suddenly JXN (VLF, 16.4 kHz) is visible on 136.6 kHz in my wideband window(lower window at http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_LF_DX_Grabber.html ). It seems to be a mixture with DLF (153 kHz -16.4 kHz), tnx DF6NM for the hint. The active antenna is in 2m distance to my TX antenna that is at about 10 kV during transmitting. I will repair the probe, will add some protecting diodes, change the distance of the RX by 20m. Additionally i'll compare the performance of the TX antenna as a RX antenna...

73, Stefan/DK7FC