Re: LF: New Sub-9kHz Amateur Radio website open

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New Sub-9kHz Amateur Radio website open
From: Chris Dillon <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:17:23 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
A very nice site Roger - congratulations.

73s Chris G3WCD

On 14/03/2011 15:53, Roger Lapthorn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

For some time the pages on my website that dealt with the various aspects of VLF amateur radio below 9kHz needed attention. So, today I've launched a new site entitled Sub 9kHz Amateur Radio bringing together information more accessibly. The original pages just grew and grew as activity at VLF just took off. It is almost 1 year to the day since Stefan DK7FC made his first historic DX transmission on 8.97kHz. Since then we've come a VERY long way.

The new site has a table showing the VLF DX records. I know this is not fully populated or correct yet, so everyone's help is needed to get this up to date in the next couple of days please. If you are aware of errors or omissions please let me know right away.

Another addition - to be much expanded - is a page on TX stations and their equipment. Please let me have photos, schematics of antennas, transmitters, loading coils etc.  In some cases I have used images on user's websites. If you have a problem with this please tell me.

Another page deals with the kit needed to receive on the Dreamer's Band. It is easy stuff that can be built by anyone. Also a page linking the various software packages freely available. I want to show that, on receive, VLF is something everyone can do. Radiated TXing is a lot harder. Yet another page lists the VLF grabbers (incomplete still - tell me of others) which are such a vital resource.

The site has more information on earth mode (through the ground) communication which is a very accessible way of starting out on VLF as much of the kit is re-usable for experiments with radiated VLF tests (same loops, probes, pre-amps and software can be used).

Please let me have constructive feedback so I can make this as good as possible. I hope you enjoy the site.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/