LF: OE5ODL on VLF in JO02dg

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: OE5ODL on VLF in JO02dg
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:00:54 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Yesterday OE5ODL was marginally received here, but honestly only just, off the side of my fixed 80m sq loop. Ossi had a distinctive frequency versus time signature drifting very slightly HF to 8969.98Hz. This same pattern could be seen on Stefan's grabber and by G3ZJO and here at G3XBM. The signal was barely visible at all on the uploaded grabber image and could only be discerned with some adjustment of the SL palette and saturation. Ossi has confirmed that this was him.

Signals from Ossi's direction are weaker with me because of the directionality of my fixed loop, whereas from the DJ8WX direction better. In the coming days I will try an outside E-field probe to compare results as this is likely to be better in all directions.

Overnight the noise level here was quite high and nothing obvious was visible from OE5ODL.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/