LF: VO1NA - DF6NM

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VO1NA - DF6NM
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:32:24 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF group,

last night between 23:30 and 1:45, Joe VO1NA and myself had our first two-way contact. Joe was sending 10 second QRSS and DFCW modes on his usual frequency 137.777 kHz, and I called him in 30 s DFCW on 136.172 kHz. After a couple of attempts to synchronize to each other, we finally ended up exchanging reports successfully, as shown in the attached screenshots.

Joe mentioned that he had 4.5 A current into his 100 m longwire antenna. With propagation about 6 to 12 dB weaker than during peak times about a week ago, his signal was still very clearly visible at about 0.3 µV/m in Nuernberg. The other direction was a bit more marginal: Using 250 W transmitter power, I had 3.5 A aerial current and about 0.6 W ERP.

For me, this was the first-ever transatlantic QSO on LF. Thank you very much Joe!

Best 73,

Markus (DF6NM in JN59NK)