LF: Active VLF stations (TX and RX)?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Active VLF stations (TX and RX)?
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:46:57 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dear VLF Dreamers here

I'm in the process of completely redesigning my web pages that deal with sub-9kHz amateur radio so that the information can be more easily found on separate pages as well as adding new content on individual stations equipment etc. What started as a small project a few years ago has grown and grown.  This update project will take some weeks to complete (in between other building projects and holidays) before the pages go live. The address of the new website will be https://sites.google.com/site/sub9khz/ but this is not yet public on the web.

In the meantime I think we need several things pulling together:

(a) A list of all the VLF grabbers with locations, when active, owners, URLs, contact details
(b) A list of stations able to RX sub-9kHz with locations etc
(c) A list of TX stations with locations, activity, ERP, frequencies etc
(d) From each TX station some details of their equipment to share on the website (schematics and photos too please)
(e) Some circuits that work to allow others to have a go on RX and TX (I already have Jim's preamp, and mine, on my website but it would be good to have several designs that work shown including the PA0RDT E-field probe modified for VLF. Likewise TX schematics would be good.
(f) Any amendments to the DX records table on my site. I think I'm keeping this up-to-date but things happen so quickly on VLF that I may have missed some people/results.

...plus any other information that would make such a website a very useful repository for Dreamer's Band experimenters.

Another thing that people have been asking for is advanced notice of any tests that people plan to run on VLF. This maximises the chances of being received. I can add a page showing planned activities too if you like.

In the next week or so, please may I ask that you let me have this data so that from the website launch date it is as up-to-date as possible?

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/