LF: XDV back on 137

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: XDV back on 137
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:43:48 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I have been off 137kHz for a few weeks whilst playing with UHF (well,
topband actually). Amazingly my antenna (12m vertical and 5 x 13m
horizntal) resonated exactly on 1830kHz. Interestingly, the earth
stake system that works very well on 137 needed some 18m-long radials
as well to improve performance.

Whilst away from LF, I have altered my antenna feed to get rid of the
3m of UR67 between the (500uH) variometer and the antenna base,
having read some alarming discussion on the subject on this
reflector. The variometer is now much nearer the antenna.

I will now be beaconing overnight for DX and active early
evening/weekends for Eu QSOs.

de Mike, G3XDV