LF: Re: Eu DX frequency

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Eu DX frequency
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:35:41 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Certainly grabbers could be used to cheat.
No chance of cheating in my case because I am able to see and work stations
that the Grabbers fail to see even though the stations are closer to them.
You must have seen my observations recently about poor grabber sensitivity
and some swamped by environmental QRM
Get into QSO mode and get a direct report although Beacon activity and
reporting via Internet seems to be norm for most these days.
I do not ask for Internet reports although I get some sent to me. I prefer
to have a QSO either direct or XBAND and always listen on 7 Mhz and it works
quite frequently. I do agree with you it is better to use a random frequency
where there is no Grabber to avoid cheating, but since vy slow QRS SPEEDS
witth very narrow bandwidths seem the norm these days the transmission would
never be intercepted.on normal search. Even worse are reports confirming
reception of a transmission on a certain frequency because the intended
frequency of operation was announced when all that was seen was a broken up
trace barely visible, but because the frequency seemed correct this is a
confirmation.
My first TA signal was detected on the East coast USA without any
announcement that I would be active, also NC1K heard myself and MM0ALM
having a CW QSO on 136.5 Khz some years back.
So what you say is part correct the whole LF senario is now a shambles
reduced to Beacon thrashing and Internet reporting, virtually no CW qso's
which was the norm in the early years. There is the odd QRS3 QSO to be had
around EU when the Beacon operator gets restless.

G3KEV