Re: LF: SAQ at DJ1ZB

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: SAQ at DJ1ZB
From: [email protected]
Date: 04 Jan 2011 23:45 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,

for the time being I have a special problem at my QTH for the reception of SAQ:

Since a few months there is a new solar panel system in operation two houses from my qth in the same street. Its chopper has reduced my normal S/N ratio for SAQ reception to zero. Obviously the interference reduction standards for solar panel installations are the same as for other electrical equipment and start at 150 kHz. Therefore I have been very glad about the recent night time transmission of SAQ, because the interfering system will not work in darkness. And as expected the receiving conditions at midnight UTC had been as they had been before, 10 dB S/N ratio.

In any case I guess SAQ operators will be very glad to get more receiving reports this time from the US and Canada as has been usual so far (in most cases from areas close to the coast so far, be it the east coast or the gulf).

But a pheomenon uncleared so far is that another solar system close to my qth with an even larger panel area, but not in the same street, installed some years ago, does not cause any interference. A man responsible for this earlier installation had ensured me that this system has been built according to medicine standards. But I do not know these standards whether they will really also suppress VLF interference to make such a difference. The only difference I see might be that the energy produced by this plant will not be fed into the same ground cable running along our street.

I can see the interference caused by my neighbour in my electrical house wiring behind a 10 kHz high-pass filter on an oscilloscope, and that it disappears after sunset. So my house wiring will also radiate at vlf and disturbe my aerials.

Modern times, anyway. I hope to find a solution until next summer.

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

But since a few years I already have another solar panel installation in my vicinity (but not in the same street) which does not cause any trouble on VLF. An engineer responsable for this installation has ensured me that for this system standards for medicine technology were used.

"Clemens  Paul" <[email protected]> schrieb:
200km south of Nürnberg 30dB SNR,too.
Best reception I ever had so far.

73
Clemens