Re: VLF: OE5ODL's signal received in Todmorden, UK

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: OE5ODL's signal received in Todmorden, UK
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:30:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Excellent, congratulations to Paul and Ossi!

So much about the longevity of VLF ODX claims ;-))

73, Markus

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:13 PM
Subject: VLF: OE5ODL's signal received in Todmorden, UK

Greetings all,

Not sure if this message by Paul Nicholson in Todmorden (UK) has already
been 'relayed' here.

New ODX for Austria on VLF ? ;-)

Wolf schrieb:
  >  there is some activity with 'earth mounted'
  >  (not kite supported) Marconi antenna from OE5ODL,
  >  located in Austria.

Quite a nice signal at Todmorden, range 1252.3 km.
   http://abelian.org/vlf/110117a.gif
Frequency for most of the time was about 8970.02045Hz
Background noise (before blanking) was around 30fT.
--
Paul Nicholson

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: LF: Progress on the Dreamer's Band

Dear Roger,

thank you for this excellent summary and motivating words!

Regarding "best DX from a home QTH", we should mention Paul Nicholson's amazing detections of my 5 uW EMRP transmissions in October at 1027 km:
 http://abelian.org/vlf/mv101009/ - something that I had not expected in my wildest dreams, until it actually happened.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)