Re: VLF: Pacific MSKs in Europe

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Pacific MSKs in Europe
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:58:58 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Peter, thanks for the comment! Yes the Indian VTX is clearly here, and stronger at the 4X1RF grabber. The spectrum seems to have some regular structure, so probably different modulation or pseudorandom encryption parameters.

I'm currently using the LF transmit antenna, a top-loaded vertical 10 m above the roof. VLF is extracted across a 33 nF capacitor in the ground line, and fed through a simple bipolar preamp to a cheap USB soundcard.

BTW It's funny how quickly my remaining wish came true: GQD went off between 10 and 12 today, and indeed there's a very weak hump from Japan at 22.2 kHz (see attached, colours swapped for better visibility). The peak is also present on Paul Nicholson's plot.

Best wishes,
MArkus (DF6NM)