Re: LF: "Noisy" antenna on VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: "Noisy" antenna on VLF
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:03:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Gerhard,

Am 12.01.2011 16:18, schrieb Gerhard Hickl:
  When you walk from one to the other, the sound would
nearly disappear right in the middle but getting louder as you approach
the other open end.

So if anybody has an explanation for this or has witnessed a similar
thing, please let me (us) know.

Well, i think its acoustic interference. At some locations, the different audio sources are compensating each other. Since the phase of these two signals does noch change, you should get minima and maxima. I observed this in my car with the 700 Hz CW sidetone as well. On 8970 Hz the (audio) wavelength is just 4 cm. Hmm, do these maxima and minima just appear in the center on the Y or can you find them on other places as well, maybe at reduced strength?

73, Stefan/DK7FC