Re: LF: Timewave ANC-4

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Timewave ANC-4
From: Peter Dodd <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:30:26 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

I bought myself a Christmas present called the BHI NEIM1031 (www.bhi-ltd.co.uk) noise eliminating in-line module after seeing it demonstrated by G0GNA at his QTH in Dorking. It is a fully adaptive DSP noise cancelling system and is very effective in reducing the background noise at LF. Installation is simple - it is just fitted in the speaker lead. I was able to copy EA2HB on the speaker during my QSO with him on the first day of the year. Strong static crashes do bypass it but nevertheless it is much less wearing than monitoring for any length of time without it. The GW4ALG noise limiter is fine provided there are no strong stations within the noise sampling passband.

Regards

Peter, G3LDO

About the ANC-4, it does not work well in LF. I recommend the noise canceler by GW4ALG, it works fine!
Look at the following link:

http://www.alg.myzen.co.uk/radio/136/noise_can.htm

73 Oscar