Re: LF: RE: 500 KHz Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 500 KHz Beacon
From: "Luis EA3WX" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:11:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your control.

We are in the way to get 100 W, but this is the second day that we are on the air!! Please give us a break, HI, HI!!

The transmitter is a JUMA TX500, delivering a power max. of 60 W. At 20 W the PA is very hot, so we are aware. So then, we are already looking for a lineal amplifier; our team is working about it.

(The picture shows the firsts tests with a homemade TX)

73

Luis,EA3WX

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 7:43 PM
Subject: LF: RE: 500 KHz Beacon

Hello Luis,

I wasn't home last night, so I missed you then.
But this evening (18:40 UTC) I could copy you 429 with QSB.
Very good for just 17W out, increasing power to 100W or so should give you a solid signal all over Europe.
My locator is JO20IX, distance is 1086km.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T