Re: LF: First 137 KHz signal

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: First 137 KHz signal
From: "Fausto Coletti" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:09:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,
I'm very happy to my first positive rx test on 137 KHz, i have received clear and audible signal of
DB6NT on qrss3 and  IK1HSS on DFCW, Annex the two Argo images.
The antenna is my 80M fullsize delta loop and is not matched to the receiver but i can receive DFC39 at 138,83
at -65 dBm on daylight. In next day i try to install a matched inverted L on my 25 meter tower (that you can see on qrz.com)
with top wire about 30 meter long. The tower is grounded and i have ready to install 120 buried radial between 15 yo 40 meter long
around the tower ( i want use the tower as a vertical for 160m).
My locator is JN54SM about 15 Km north east from Bologna.
I am not ready to transmit at the moment but i hope to will be ready in next month. I'm making in the short time that i have available
a linear transverter and i want use an audio amplifier to obtain the necessary power.
The only doubt that i have is how to match the audio amplifier to the antenna, i have not found literature.
Now i want continue to improve my receiving equipement with new matched antenna and a good low pass filter at the input of the
receiver (i have a local 567 KHz 25 KW transmitter about 4 Km to my home and the level of it at the input of my Perseus is +10dBm !!!
you can imagine the hard work for the unfortunate input stage of the receiver...).

73 Fausto IK4NMF