RE: LF: VLF noise measurement

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: VLF noise measurement
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:28:37 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Looks good Roger - Im also following Stefans request - http://kl7uk.com/VLFAlaska.html  The roll off in sensitivity is intentional at the "HF" end. Antennae is loop out in the woods to Jims design plus preamp, The preamp is in the shack and battery powered - AC power still increases noise so I have some work there. DHO38 is a good signal and better than the probe - the loop being placed so hopefully the house and its noise is in the loops null, well  to some extent. The White line at 21.4kHz is my strongest reference station  NPM from Hawaii, just about due South of me, and a haunt of many Alaskans this time of year

The loop is still firing North South over the Poles  and shoving the loop at 90 degrees will give another set of signals! The Asus XONAR DX 192Kb/96 card is proving to give cleaner results than the bog standard, and another Creative 24bit sound blaster USB card is under test.

No luck running Ham radio delux, Windows 7 and USB/Serial remote control of the R75 as I get Blue screens after a period so have temp put control over to another XP machine, also giving another sound card. I have control OK, and that took a lot of getting the "right "driver from Prolific but something isnt liked.

A busy day yesterday digging snow and moving snow burms from A to C via B. Fired cables back over trees and the large 500/137 vertical is back up and connected. Coll fingered stuff as temps around -20C

Laurence KL7 UK Wasilla Alaska